With 300 million users, SHAREit is becoming a popular option for users looking for faster and more secure ways to share content. SHAREit is our free file-sharing app that transfers files across different platforms and operating systems, without an Internet or Bluetooth connection.
You can install SHAREit on devices running Windows (XP, 7+, Desktop and Phone), Android (2.1+), and iOS (6.0+). SHAREit can transfer any size documents, multimedia and apps between them. Make yourself discoverable, and share content with others using SHAREit.
Here's how to use SHAREit to send content 40 times faster than Bluetooth, and safer than the cloud or USB.
Send Files Without A Network Connection
SHAREit works as a peer-to-peer exchange and connects devices through the Wi-Fi radio to send and receive files.
The app can handle most users' file sharing needs:
- Fast file transfer - Large-sized content sends in seconds
- Secure sending - Files are saved directly onto the device, not in the cloud
- Can share almost any format - TXT, HTML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents, multimedia (photos, videos, music), folders, and apps
- Compatible with Windows 10
- Available in English, Spanish Chinese, French, Japanese, and Russian
Tips To Using SHAREit
Devices with SHAREit installed "see" one another and are discoverable within a range of about 100 feet.
To send files, select your device as the sender then drag and drop, or browse files. Your device searches and pops up avatars for nearby users. Once sent, the receiver accepts files and they're saved in the device's Downloads folder and in My Files inside SHAREit. Photos typically save inside your Photos folder.
Configure these settings on both devices for SHAREit to work properly:
- Both devices have SHAREit installed and running during transfer
- Select a different roles as sender and receiver
- Make sure the wireless radios are on
- Set a confirmation request before receiving files
- Ensure that a Wi-Fi card is installed on your device
View the support page for more information on setting up and using SHAREit, and be sure to give your feedback in the SHAREit User Voice forum.
Should LenovoDev offer an API or SDK for SHAREit? Give us your opinion in this brief poll.
SHAREit is one of several Lenovo DOit apps, including REACHit and WRITEit. Follow SHAREit on Facebook and Twitter for updates.